Monday 25 April 2016

Spring Flowers.

It's Spring at Last! (though it doesn't look like from my window right now). And what better way to celebrate than teaching the lovely ladies in my knitting class how to Create some colour work. So I came up with this pretty cosy to keep our mugs warm while we are out getting our gardens ready for Summer.



Yarn:
Special by Style craft - Parchment
                                      Meadow
                                      Matador
Robin Double Knit -     Sunflower

 It's a great pattern to use up scrap wool, But I would say predominantly use a lightweight DK, or drop to 3.25mm needles for a a heavier yarn. 




 Please click on this link to get the PDF pattern, Spring Flowers Mug Cosy PDF  If you do give it a go i'd love it if you put your finished Item on my Ravelry page http://www.ravelry.com.

Now I know that if you are used to colour work, you may wonder why I've flipped the chart 90 degrees. It's so in class we can get to adding the colours and following the chart before our time is up. Feel free to use the chart which ever way up you like. It also helps with being able to determine how long the piece should be compared to your mug.


And.. If you like making charts yourself there is a BRILLIANT knitting website: http://www.tricksyknitter.com/shop/page/2/ where I created this chart.

Happy Knitting!!

2 comments:

  1. Your PDF link does not work...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you please let me know where the pattern may be found? The link does not work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete