Monday 30 May 2016

Summer colour

I'm Ready for Colour, warmth and all things Summer. So I thought I'd share a few FO's and WIP's That I've been up to recently. And a few Photo's Hector and I have been taking this weekend (the poppy is one of his Photo's), that are getting me all inspired for summer.




Below is a sneak peak at my new shawl pattern that I'm designing. It should be available next month. It's predominately in this Bergere de France, Ideal, Citronnier, which if you could have a subtle Hi Vis this would be it, I really love it and it's nice to knit with. 




This is a Purl soho, Chevron baby blanket Pattern that I knitted recently in Bergere de France, Sport, Aran weigh yarn, I wanted a boys baby blanket that wasn't all pale blue and teddy's, I was really pleased how this turned out, and the joy with this yarn is it's machine washable which is a must for little baby projects I think. 



I've gone a bit crazy on pinks for probably the first time in my life. 
I feel I should say I do have other brands of Yarn in my stash but Where I teach sells Bergere and I find it hard to leave on a Thursday evening without buying something, hence the above photo from this weeks impulse buy.
 

This is the Flower Doily pattern available through Red Heart . I knitted it on, Fingering on 2.5mm DPNs and the larger one which is dinner plate size is in an Aran weight on 4mm DPNs. It's a really well written pattern, easy to follow especially if your not a big lace knitter.

I hope this gets you a little inspired to get knitting in colour this summer. Happy Knitting!!








No comments:

Post a Comment